SNaP services are only a phone call away. Make it a habit to call the Executive Director to discuss your service needs. A volunteer will be contacted and ready to assist you. Listed below are a few of the frequently requested services by SNaP members. If you have additional services that are not listed, please call the Executive Director.
Below is a list of the services currently provided by our Volunteers. This list is not exhaustive—call to see if we can meet your need.
To request a service, contact the Executive Director at 352-2612.
SNaP communicates with members via the web site, quarterly newsletters, emails, telephone calls, and the annual membership meeting.
- Appointments; grocery store; pharmacy; service station; airport or train station; errands; social events; meetings
- Home Maintenance
- Minor plumbing repair; minor electrical work; light housekeeping; minor household repairs; de-cluttering; downsizing; light carpentry; organizing cabinets or shelves
- Garden and Indoor Plants
- Weeding; light planting of flowers; watering lawns and flowers while away; watering indoor plants
- Software and hardware computer support, new television hook up
- Quality of Life – Health
- Seminars and wellness programs; home safety inspections; caregiver relief; home visiting; assistance with some personal needs; medical alert systems
- Quality of Life – Education
- SNaP sponsored seminars and workshops; county events and classes
- Registry of local support groups, local activities; links to local web sites; notary
- Social Support
- Daily or weekly friendly phone calls; notes of cheer after surgery or illness; letter writing, writing checks, mailings; SNaPbacks support group; companionship; social visits
- Social and cultural events around the county and within the Penn National community; pot luck supper and book sale; pancake breakfast; day trips and cultural activities; pecan sale; craft show
- Other Short-term Services Available
- Meal preparation; bookkeeping and bill paying; moderate home cleaning; laundry; pet walking, sitting, and transport to appointments; document shredding; disposal of expired medications.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Support Network at Penn National, Inc.,
Fayetteville PA 17222, USA. All rights reserved.