- Assistance and support that are a phone call away
- Access to volunteers who stand ready to help with home repairs, home safety inspections, light housekeeping, downsizing and more
- Services using volunteers and a network of vetted, preferred providers
- Reduced rates on some preferred provider services
- New friendships and shared interests
- Group activities
- Freedom from dependence on neighbors
- Volunteer opportunities
- Daily personal telephone check-in service
- Home health care services by local organizations
- Legal services
- Local educational classes, programs, and seminars
- SNaP-sponsored seminars on nutrition, staying fit, and other topics of interest presented by local professionals
- Member handbook
- Home Safety Inspection Checklist
- Medical Emergency Card for each member
- Refrigerator magnet with phone number
- Up-to-date information and events calendar on this website
- Tax-deductible membership fee (see below).
Tax Deduction Information
SNaP is classified as a public charity and is exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our federal tax ID number is 33-1147427. Donors to SNaP may deduct their contributions, as provided in section 170 of the Code, to the extent that the contributions are gifts with no goods or services received in return. As set forth in IRS Publication 526, "you may be able to deduct membership fees or dues you pay to a qualified organization. However, you can deduct only the amount that is more than the value of benefits received." Keep your membership and contribution letters for tax purposes and consult your tax advisor for further guidance.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Support Network at Penn National, Inc.,
Fayetteville PA 17222, USA. All rights reserved.